Wednesday 15 July 2009

Introduction

Im 25 and fell in love with snooker in 1989 aged 6. Within days it seems I was playing on the floor using nothing but a ruler for a cue and marbles for balls. Over time I wrote the players names on them and created my own World Championship. My first favourite was Steve Davis as I recall but Ronnie O'Sullivan quickly caught my eye. I have enjoyed every World Championship over recent times none more than Shaun Murphys 2005 Crucible triumph. His rolls-royce cue action is easy on the eye and he is a worthy champion of our sport. While we always remember those who have passed noticeably Paul Hunter in October 2006 we can be proud of those who have left their mark on this wonderful game.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Roy!
    Best of luck with this new blog and thanks for sharing so much of your super enthusiasm for snooker!

    Just one question... I thought it was O'Sullivan who had the "rolls-royce cue action" not Murphy?!?

    Cheers mate!


    =o)

    Noel

    ReplyDelete